Museum Bookstore is an online bookstore specialising in exhibition catalogues and books on art for those who love to visit museums and art galleries. It was founded by London-based Caroline Keppel-Palmer in 2015 ‘following years of being frustrated carrying heavy exhibition books home and struggling to track down catalogues from past exhibitions on line.’
‘We believe that exhibition catalogues are a great way to open up the many hundreds of wonderful museum shows taking place around the globe to new audiences.’
She is also the founder of Museum Freecycle UK – a recycling initiative for UK museums ‘to exchange exhibition build items and other museum-specific materials for free in order to reduce the environmental footprint of the industry.’
‘Museum Freecycle UK provides a simple online tool to help us make exhibition build budgets go further, create more engaging experiences for museum visitors and reduce waste.’
Part of my current writing experience has been reviewing books for this lovely online shop. Not only has it encouraged me to read more as an art historian, it has helped me to appreciate the design of these beautifully-crafted publications in addition to their insightful content.
Books reviewed so far:
- Truth and Beauty: The Pre-Raphaelites and the Old Masters (2018)
- Raphael: The Drawings (2017)
- The Encounter: Drawings from Leonardo to Rembrandt (2017)
- Reflections: Van Eyck and the Pre-Raphaelites (2017)
- Michelangelo: Divine Draftsman & Designer (2017)
- Andrea del Sarto: The Renaissance Workshop in Action (2015)
Visit the store and have a browse!